Saturday, September 02, 2006

My Decision to Run
It is not a secret that many students in my age group are apathetic to the world of politics. This poses a variety of problems, but the most important of which is that the opinions of young people are rarely considered when drafting legislation, including legislation that even affects young people directly. This is one of the many reasons I have decided to become a candidate for State Representative. If elected, I will be able to provide a voice for young people in the State House that is so rarely heard. In addition, I will gain a valuable educational experience while simutaneously benefiting my community in the best way I possibly can. As a student of Political Science at Northeastern University, I will also be able to apply what I learn in the classroom to my career as a State Representative. I will gain insight from both of these pursuits: into my academics through my experience in the State House, and into my position in the State House through my academics. With that said, I am looking forward to November 7th and what the next two years may have in store for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home